ENGINEERED SOIL MIXES FOR PLANTER APPLICATIONS AND MORE
At Eagle Lake Professional Landscape Supply, we’ve developed three distinct, high-quality Green Roof Media blends for use in extensive, semi-intensive, intensive and RoofTop planter applications. Click on the Spec Sheets below for technical information.
BIORETENTION MEDIA BLEND
Working closely with municipality officials and the Alberta Low Impact Development Group, Eagle Lake has developed a Bioretention Blend. We’ve blended this mix to be sufficiently permeable to infiltrate run-off and to have sufficient moisture holding capabilities and nutrients to support healthy vegetation. This blend is ideal for bioswales, tree trenches and rain gardens.
BULK SOIL AND ENGINEERED GROWING MEDIA
- Laboratory testing forms the basis of everything we produce.
- We purchase and stock large volumes to produce predictable and cost effective blends.
- We focus on locally available ingredients whenever possible.
- We can produce imported soil or provide amendments to improve existing site conditions.
Why Should Architects and Engineers Specify Soil?
- Quality Control – Landscapers will provide the bare minimum unless otherwise specified.
- Provide clarity in the bidding process – Contractors can provide apples for apples pricing.
- Landscaping and infrastructure installations are expensive and generally soil is a fraction of the input costs.
- Using untested soil is risky as it can negatively affect the health of plants and limit projects ability to meet performance expectations.
- We have compiled test Data on dozens of Top Soil sources in the region and have found most to be undesirable for soil blends or direct plantings due to high clay and low organics.
We create custom media blends by finding a balance of the following factors:
- Determining what the desired performance characteristics are.
- Sourcing predictable, readily available cost effective ingredients.
- Verifying quality and function through extensive lab testing.
We have fully tested blends for:
Trees and Shrubs
Interior Tropical plants and Trees
Green Roof Media
Large integrated planters
LID Blends for
We frequently mix custom design blends for specific projects, depending on the requirements and currently stock the following ingredients for use in our Engineered Soil blends:
Pumice ½” minus
Composted Fir Bark
Class ‘A’ Yard waste compost
½” Coco Coir
Contractor Referral Program
Not sure where to start?